At CEEW, we are deliberate about what we stand for (and what we don’t stand for!) as an employer. So, if the below description strikes a chord, we would love to hear from you!
At CEEW, we build careers in public policy
Accounts and Finance
We seek to hire a suitable candidate for the position of Accounts Executive as part of the Accounts and Finance Team to expand its work in the area of handling its Finances, Bookkeeping, and Maintenance of all financial records in a systematic manner. Experience in Audits, Financial reporting, MIS reports,GST Laws, Income Tax Laws, Accounting Standards, Project Management, Handling Tally (and comfortable in working with other ERP platforms), Advanced excel skills, would be preferred. The candidate should be prepared, when necessary, to take additional responsibilities directly or indirectly related to the main scope of work. She/he is expected to predominately work upon all ongoing and upcoming legal and finance related matters. Besides, there will be endless opportunities to learn and contribute across a wide range of activities at CEEW. The incumbent will be responsible for duties as highlighted below:
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Accounting, Finance and others)
1. Keep accurate records for all daily transactions
2. Process invoices and maintain records in accounting system
3. Record accounts payable and accounts receivable
4. Update internal systems with financial data
5. Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports for donors
6. Reconcile bank statements
7. Ensure accounting records are verified and also participate in financial audits
8. Track bank deposits and payments
9. Assist with budget preparation, Utilization Reports, financial reporting
10. Review and implement financial policies
11. Keep and maintain all the accounts records in soft as well as in hard form
12. Maintenance of physical & digital files through proper use of file management system.
13. Print out of all types of accounting vouchers from accounting software and their filings.
14. Properly recording and maintaining Grant management files.
15. To support Travel desk and maintaining travel data in excel sheet and Zoho Expense.
16. To manage functions like Invoice processing and reviewing quotations from vendors.
17. Requires entry posting for invoices, staff reimbursements etc in the accounting system on a daily basis.
18. Assist in preparation of MIS report and vendor payment sheet.
19. Maintenance of Fixed assets register and physical verifications at different intervals.
20. Close coordination with the HR and Admin team related to all financial matters.
21. Working knowledge of TDS, Income Tax, GST
22. All other supporting tasks.
1. Solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
2. Working knowledge and experience with MS Office applications (MS Word and Advance Excel) and accounting software (Tally ERP 9.0) is a must
3. Excellent analytical and numerical skills
4. Good time management skills
5. Strong ethics, result oriented with ability to manage confidential data
6. Demonstrated experience in procurement and preparation of financial reports and budget variance analysis
7. Excellent communication and analytical skills;
8. You should be familiar with audits, invoices and budget preparations
9. Preparing and maintaining donor agreements and staff contracts
10. Monitor the expenditures to ensure that program funds are utilized appropriately by the close of the year.
Competitive compensation – commensurate to the experience and matching the best of standards adopted by industry or other similar organizations for similar roles.
CEEW is an equal opportunity employer and the selection process does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, caste, ethnicity, religion, or sexuality. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested applicants are advised to apply at the earliest possible.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified by us. We appreciate your interest.