Council on Energy, Environment and Water (CEEW), New Delhi
At CEEW, we are deliberate about what we stand for (and what we don’t stand for!) as an employer. So, if the below description strikes a chord, we would love to hear from you!
At CEEW, we build careers in public policy
- We offer strong visionary leadership – with emphasis on research and impact at scale
- We actively promote leadership by initiative
- We celebrate talent and ambition
- You will be surrounded by smart people who will challenge you and help you grow
- You will learn faster than your peers in other organisations
- Curiosity and irreverence, as well as responsibility, come together at CEEW
- You will get above-market remuneration
- We provide a safe space for all
- At CEEW, your life is your example for others
Team/ Focus area
New Delhi, India
CEEW seeks to hire a Legal expert dedicated to handling sensitive matters and routine tasks in this domain which outlines the specific requirements, scope, and relevant laws applicable to us.
A professional who takes up ownership and demonstrates a sense of responsibility in managing the tasks and making decisions or helping management to make decisions on any specific legal matters.
If you are passionate about new challenges at work, and understanding of different Laws, we will want you to be part of CEEW!
- Looking for a highly qualified Legal expert to oversee the legal aspects of our work.
- Safeguard our reputation by guaranteeing that the organization strictly follows laws, rules, and guidelines, and give legal advice to management about all relevant issues.
- Finalizing / Alternation of agreement templates (MOU/NDA/Grant agreement/ Employment agreements/Consent letter / Confidentiality Agreement / Conflict of Interest etc).
- Ensure day-to-day legal needs of all departments are adequately met through management and coordination of outside counsel.
- Advise on critical brand protection areas relating to IP and information management, including data privacy and cyber security.
- Liaison with consultants and lawyers for legal opinions.
- Understanding of Regulatory laws, regulatory strategies, Trust (NGO) laws (FCRA), Company law (FEMA, FDI, etc), shops & establishments (Compliance – bonus, wage, attendance, fire drill, IT, display requirements, etc).
- Knowledge and experience of best practice compliance and governance frameworks, and methodologies.
- Manage the compliance for the institute and support in risk management.
- Understanding and taking care of all basic queries of clients in the templates.
- Provide frequent training to staff as required in our policy (like for anti-corruption, Safeguarding, and Data protection).
- List of compliance as mentioned in the agreements and policies that CEEW follows.
- Due diligence of partners/donors/vendors.
- Automation with the help of the Zoho contracts module.
- Stay informed and knowledgeable of all new Laws within the system.
Qualification & Requirements
- LLB, or Masters in Law with minimum 6-8+ years of experience within a law firm or corporate legal department, with primary emphasis on laws applying to non-profits
- Experience in Grants Management will be considered as an advantage
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of laws, regulatory framework, and procedures about Corporate Law, Trust, and FCRA Regulations.
- High standards of integrity, ethics, and professionalism
- Understanding of the Laws which apply to CEEW
(Charitable Laws- FCRA, Income Tax, GST, CSR) (Labour Laws- PF, ESI, Shop & Establishment Act, Payment of Gratuity Act and Leave Encashment, Payment of Wages, Maternity of Benefits, Contract labour, POSH, Child Safety) Other- Data Protection, Anti Corruption and Money Laundering, IPC, Trademark, Copyrights, Conflict of interest, Other Policies
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Collaborate with different teams
- Strong interpersonal skills and confidence to engage with government and private sectors
- Project Management
- Negotiation skills
- Willingness to learn new skills.Striving for rigor and quality in work output.
- Ability to adapt to a new environment and deliver under tight deadlines in a professional environment.
- Ability to dig deeper into details, while also keeping a sense of the broader objectives and big picture.
- Willingness to learn, grow, and develop on the personal and professional front, at a rapid pace with a steep learning curve.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary and multicultural environment.
CEEW operates in a dynamic environment, and the candidate will be required to show flexibility in undertaking a variety of tasks.
Competitive compensation – commensurate to the experience and matching the best of standards adopted by the industry or other similar organisations for similar roles.
CEEW is an equal opportunity employer, and the selection process does not discriminate based on age, gender, caste, ethnicity, religion, or sexuality. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested applicants are advised to apply at the earliest possible.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified by us. We appreciate your interest.