Council on Energy, Environment and Water (CEEW), New Delhi
Programme Associate - Circular Economy, Energy Transitions
At CEEW, we are deliberate about what we stand for (and what we don’t stand for!) as an employer. So, if the below description strikes a chord, we would love to hear from you!
At CEEW, we build careers in public policy
- We offer strong visionary leadership – with emphasis on research and impact at scale
- We actively promote leadership by initiative
- We celebrate talent and ambition
- You will be surrounded by smart people who will challenge you and help you grow
- You will learn faster than your peers in other organisations
- Curiosity and irreverence, as well as responsibility, come together at CEEW
- You will get above-market remuneration
- We provide a safe space for all
- At CEEW, your life is your example for others
Team/ Focus area
Senior Programme Lead
CEEW seeks to hire a suitable candidate for the position of Programme Associate in the Energy Transition team to build and expand its circular economy programme.
The circular economy team aims to promote the effective utilisation of natural resources through a combination of data, policy, and market instruments. We are creating evidence around waste generation, assessing waste treatment technologies and domestic capacity, identifying markets for reclaimed materials, and developing financing solutions for a circular economy. We also convene policymakers regularly to sensitise them about the barriers and opportunities for adopting the various circular economy principles across the supply chains. Our direct industry engagement ensures that proposed interventions are practical and scalable.
The selected candidate will work on the circularity in clean energy technologies such as solar, wind and batteries. This would involve
- understanding and addressing the barriers to a circular economy in clean energy sectors through data-based evidence
- building institutional capacity within the RE industry, recycling industry, policymakers
- identifying regulatory instruments and policy frameworks to manage the develop a circular ecosystem
- developing new business models and market mechanisms to manage the waste
- scaling recycling technologies through pilot demonstrations, facilitating industrial collaborations, and
- developing methodologies for assessment of employment and climate co-benefits of circular economy.
Job Duties and Accountabilities
- Lead the allocated project(s) under the programme end-to-end. This includes, but not limited to (i) framing the research questions, (ii) identifying the target audience (states, industry, ministry), (iii) developing the strategy, (iv) conducting literature review, (v) collecting data from primary sources (vi) performing necessary analysis, (vii) developing an outreach strategy, (viii) strategic dissemination of the research and (ix) assessing the impact created.
- Track the day-to-day regulatory and policy changes in the Indian states especially on waste management, domestic manufacturing, and renewable energy ambitions.
- Follow the global policy and industrial developments around the incorporation of circular economy in clean energy sectors such as solar, wind and batteries.
- Travel to states, whenever necessary, to conduct meetings or collect primary information.
- To write briefs and issue notes which could be circulated among the state and central government officials and other stakeholders.
- Review large amounts of data using a variety of software tools and methodologies.
- Lead in writing research reports/papers.
- To work with senior researchers on conceptualising new projects (as and when needed).
- Support the team in development of overall programme strategy and its effective implementation.
- Support in establishing, managing and promoting relationship with existing and potential partners.
- Assist the team in preparing applications for research and general donor funding.
- Support the strategic outreach of the research outputs through engagement with a broader network of policymakers, industry and other stakeholders.
Education and experience
- PhD or Master in renewable energy, material science, resource engineering, energy systems or related field.
- At least 3-5 years of work experience in the relevant field of research and project management, with 1-2 years of experience in public policy/industry engagement in the area of renewable energy, waste management, recycling or related fields.
- Sound understanding of the renewable energy ecosystem in India
- Must have strong research skills – the capability to carry out a systematic literature review and understanding of research methods.
- Must have strong analytical abilities with proficiency in Excel and a statistical software.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English with ability to summarise and communicate insights into briefs, reports and presentations.
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills; ability to engage with senior officials and business leaders in the renewable energy access sector – at the state as well as national level.
- Sharp and analytical mind with a willingness to explore new research areas, learn new research and project management skills.
- Ability to adapt and deliver under tight deadlines in a professional environment.
- Striving for rigor in research and quality in work output.
- Ability to effectively work in a team while being able to independently drive research if, and when, needed.
- Ability to dig deeper into details, while not losing sight of the broader objectives.
- Willingness to learn, grow and develop - both in personal and professional life - at a rapid pace with a steep learning curve.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary and multicultural environment.
- Strong drive and initiative, a self-starter
Competitive compensation – commensurate to the experience and matching the best of standards adopted by industry or other similar organisations for similar roles.
CEEW operates in a dynamic environment and the candidate will be required to show flexibility in undertaking a variety of tasks. CEEW is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. CEEW offers a competitive compensation – commensurate to the experience and matching the best of standards adopted by industry or other similar organisations for similar roles.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We appreciate your interest.