Council on Energy, Environment and Water (CEEW), New Delhi
Consultant – Accounts
At CEEW, we are deliberate about what we stand for (and what we don’t stand for!) as an employer. So, if the below description strikes a chord, we would love to hear from you!
At CEEW, we build careers in public policy
- We offer strong visionary leadership – with emphasis on research and impact at scale
- We actively promote leadership by initiative
- We celebrate talent and ambition
- You will be surrounded by smart people who will challenge you and help you grow
- You will learn faster than your peers in other organisations
- Curiosity and irreverence, as well as responsibility, come together at CEEW
- You will get above-market remuneration
- We provide a safe space for all
- At CEEW, your life is your example for others
Consultant – Accounts
Team/ Focus area
Manager – Accounts & Senior Finance Officer
New Delhi, India
We seek to hire a suitable candidate for the position of Consultant - Accounts as part of the Accounts & Finance Team to expand its work in the area of Bookkeeping and Maintenance of all financial records systematically. Experience in bookkeeping, advanced Excel skills, Tally, and hands-on other ERP programs would be preferred. When necessary, the Consultant - Accounts should be prepared to take additional responsibilities directly or indirectly related to the main scope of work.
He/She is expected to work on all ongoing and upcoming project management-related activities. Besides, there will be endless opportunities to learn and contribute across various activities at CEEW. The incumbent will be responsible for duties as highlighted below.
Job Duties and Accountabilities
Accounting, Finance and others
- Maintenance of Books of Accounts as per the Finance manual and policies
- To manage functions like Invoice processing and reviewing quotations from vendors.
- Maintain a database on a daily basis.
- Maintenance of physical & digital files in proper order.
- Require entry of invoices, staff reimbursements, etc, in the accounting system on a daily basis.
- Maintenance of Fixed assets register and physical verifications at different intervals.
- Keeping a close watch on the Council's statutory compliance.
- Close coordination with the HR and Admin team related to financial matters.
- Well versed in all TDS and TCS provisions, including return filing and rates of deductions.
- Properly recorded and maintained Grant management files.
- All other supporting tasks
Audits (Statutory and Internal)
- Assisting team in internal/statutory/tax audit.
- Ensuring maintenance of proper records as per the audit requirements.
- Assisting team in assessing results, analysing variance and making suitable recommendations.
Education and Experience
- Preferably a Bachelor's/master’s degree in commerce.
- Candidates having relevant work experience in similar industries or set-ups will be preferred.
- Moderate knowledge of accounting and ability to use professional packages like Tally and Zoho ERP.
- Must be an adept user of MS Office suite (word, excel, and PowerPoint presentations). Must have basic Excel skills; candidates having advanced Excel skills will be preferred.
- Self-starters with analytic skills and able to apply qualitative methodologies to collate and analyse information meaningfully.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Ability to adapt to new environments and deliver under tight deadlines professionally.
- Striving for quality in work output.
- Ability to effectively work in a team while being able to drive the work independently with minimum assistance when time demands.
- Ability to dig deeper into details while also keeping a sense of the broader objectives and big picture.
- Willingness to learn, grow and develop on personal and professional front at a rapid pace with a steep learning curve.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary and multicultural environment.
CEEW operates in a dynamic environment, and the candidate will be required to show flexibility in undertaking a variety of tasks.
Competitive compensation – commensurate to the experience and matching the best of standards adopted by the industry or other similar organisations for similar roles.
CEEW is an equal opportunity employer, and the selection process does not discriminate based on age, gender, caste, ethnicity, religion, or sexuality. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested applicants are advised to apply at the earliest possible.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified by us. We appreciate your interest.