Council on Energy, Environment and Water (CEEW), New Delhi
Programme Associate/Research Analyst - Sustainable Mobility
At CEEW, we are deliberate about what we stand for (and what we don’t stand for!) as an employer. So, if the below description strikes a chord, we would love to hear from you!
At CEEW, we build careers in public policy
- We offer strong visionary leadership – with emphasis on research and impact at scale
- We actively promote leadership by initiative
- We celebrate talent and ambition
- You will be surrounded by smart people who will challenge you and help you grow
- You will learn faster than your peers in other organisations
- Curiosity and irreverence, as well as responsibility, come together at CEEW
- You will get above-market remuneration
- We provide a safe space for all
- At CEEW, your life is your example for others
Programme Associate/Research Analyst - EV Policy Researcher
Team/ Focus area
New Delhi, India
The Sustainable Mobility team at CEEW is looking for an EV Policy Researcher to join our dynamic team, dedicated to transforming road transport. Our focus spans 2 and 3 wheelers to cars, buses, and medium and heavy-duty trucks. The ideal candidate will conduct advanced research on the evolving electric vehicle landscape, develop policies addressing the challenges and opportunities in the EV ecosystem and foster evidence-based policy-making. The candidate should be able to develop well-informed policy frameworks that address the unique challenges and opportunities of various vehicle segments.
We value a candidate who is not only analytically astute but also data-driven, possessing the capability to interpret complex data and translate them into actionable policy recommendations. Your insights and research will empower and inform a wide array of stakeholders - including city, state, and national governments, nodal agencies, academic institutions, policymakers, industry stakeholders, and the general public. By providing them with the necessary data, analysis, and policy recommendations, you will help drive informed decisions and strategies that can make a real difference.
Job Duties and Accountabilities
Quantitative Policy Analysis
- Employ advanced econometric and statistical methods to analyse data related to EV policy, market trends, charging infrastructure development and consumer behaviour.
- Develop and apply quantitative models to predict the impact of policy changes on EV adoption and market dynamics.
- Formulate evidence-based policy recommendations to support the adoption of EVs.
- Advocate for policies that align with environmental goals and organizational objectives, using a deep understanding of the regulatory and political landscape.
Data Collection and Management
- Collect and manage data from various sources, ensuring accuracy and relevance.
- Utilize tools and techniques to efficiently store, retrieve and manage data.
- Analyse extensive data sets, generating valuable insights that address primary research questions and objectives.
Report Preparation and Documentation
- Prepare comprehensive reports and policy briefs. Ensure documentation is clear, accurate, and persuasive, effectively communicating complex information to a variety of audiences, including policymakers, technical staff, and the general public.
- Actively engage with key stakeholders, including government agencies, industry partners, environmental groups, and the community, to gather insights and build relationships.
- Support our stakeholder engagements by actively seeking new partnerships and maintaining existing relationships
Continuous Learning and Professional Development
- Stay abreast of the latest trends and developments in EV technology, policy, and market
- Share knowledge and findings with the team to foster a culture of continuous improvement
Research and Project Management Unit Support
- To generate knowledge content – blogs, articles, briefs in regular intervals.
- Assist the team in generating snackable insights and compelling data visuals for the organisation’s social media platforms.
- Support specific projects and overall activity planning related to EV transition and sustainable mobility research. Facilitate collaboration and integration of efforts across teams.
- Master’s degree with specialization in economics—micro, macro, natural resources, environmental etc.; policy—energy, transportation, climate, public policy & sustainable development; or related disciplines
- 1-2+ years of relevant experience.
- Intermediate to preferably advanced quantitative, data analytics and modelling experience (e.g., R, SPSS, STATA, Python)
- Proficiency in using MS Excel is a must
- Must have strong research skills – capability to carry out literature review is a key requisite.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to work on multi-disciplinary projects.
- Ability to think on your feet for solving complex and evolving problems in mobility.
Background and experience in one or more of the following sub-themes is essential:
- Comparative techno-economic assessments of different powertrains and fuel, vehicle stock and flow dynamics, traffic flow and travel demand modelling
- Fundamentals of EVs technology, charging and their economic and environmental benefits
- Awareness of EV policies at national to city/local levels.
If you are passionate about sustainable mobility, we would like to speak to you. If you can turn ideas into research problems to inform policies for sustainable mobility, then we would definitely consider hiring you! If you can collaborate closely with others to make this happen, you are probably the candidate we are looking for.
CEEW operates in a dynamic environment and the candidate will be required to show flexibility in undertaking a variety of tasks.
Competitive compensation – commensurate to the experience and matching the best of standards adopted by industry or other similar organisations for similar roles.
CEEW is an equal opportunity employer and the selection process does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, caste, ethnicity, religion, or sexuality. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested applicants are advised to apply at the earliest possible. In addition to your resume and cover letter, we ask that candidates submit supplementary materials like prior publications, writing samples etc. (attachments or preferably shared via cloud) to showcase your technical skills and previous work.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified by us. We appreciate your interest.