Council on Energy, Environment and Water (CEEW), New Delhi
Programme Lead/Senior Programme Lead – Centre for Energy Finance
At CEEW, we are deliberate about what we stand for (and what we don’t stand for!) as an employer. So, if the below description strikes a chord, we would love to hear from you!
At CEEW, we build careers in public policy
- We offer strong visionary leadership – with emphasis on research and impact at scale
- We actively promote leadership by initiative
- We celebrate talent and ambition
- You will be surrounded by smart people who will challenge you and help you grow
- You will learn faster than your peers in other organisations
- Curiosity and irreverence, as well as responsibility, come together at CEEW
- You will get above-market remuneration
- We provide a safe space for all
- At CEEW, your life is your example for others
Programme Lead/Senior Programme Lead
Team/ Focus area
Centre for Energy Finance
Director - Centre for Energy Finance
CEEW seeks to hire a Programme Lead/Senior Programme Lead (PL/SPL) to drive its work at its Centre for Energy Finance (CEEW-CEF) which was launched in July 2019, and recently marked its fourth anniversary. The mandate of CEEW-CEF is to advance the energy transition by mobilising the vast amount of capital that will be required. Under this broad mandate, its work spans renewable energy, mobility, industrial decarbonisation, instruments and regulations as well as cross cutting levers such as carbon markets and taxonomies. The Centre has a particular focus on designing financial solutions which will unlock finance at scale. Since its launch, it has published over 30 peer reviewed papers, hosted over 20 in person & virtual stakeholder gatherings, and created multiple proprietary tools and dashboards since its launch.
The PL/SPL is expected to play a key role in the further growth of the Centre, and in this capacity the responsibilities will broadly entail:
- Leveraging his/her domain expertise in finance to drive the next phase of CEEW-CEF’s growth
- Managing a team of Research Analysts and Programme Associates.
- Spearheading external stakeholder engagements.
- Independently developing concepts for research programmes within the Centre.
- Raising funds for sustenance of the Centre and developing strong relationships with donors.
- Supporting members of the Leadership Group and the CEO as required.
- Conceptualize new research ideas that are aligned with programme objectives.
- Independently develop a series of publications including policy briefs, reports as well as publish in high quality peer reviewed national and international journals.
- Guide and manage team members responsible for other forms of analysis that CEEW-CEF frequently publishes on its website (CEF Explains, CEF Analysis, CEF Insights, Tools & Dashboards).
- Keep a track of the latest policy developments in India and across the world for the latest insights in this space.
- In person discussions with stakeholders, including travel when required, to conduct primary and secondary research.
- Take ownership of specific projects under the umbrella programme, and ensure that activities and deliverables are being delivered as per the defined programme strategy.
- Proactively manage project deliverables, resources to international quality standards, within time and budget constraints.
- Be responsible for the financial reporting and budgeting for specific projects.
- Support effective communication of research outputs, through close coordination with outreach team, engagement with wider network of stakeholders, and concerned policymakers.
- Support members of the Leadership Group and the CEO, for important meetings and sessions, prepare notes, and conduct follow-ups, as required.
- Motivate, guide and mentor junior team members to help them deliver at their best.
- Present research to key constituencies at policymaking level, corporates, advisory bodies, conferences & research institutes.
- Be an “ambassador” for the organisation in relevant conferences, workshops, training programmes; be seen as a thought-leader in the area of energy finance.
- Develop research networks locally, nationally and internationally in support of research programmes.
- Develop strong relationships with donors and strategic partners.
- Budget for programmatic fund requirement
- Raise funds as needed for sustenance of the programme
- Develop strong relationships with donors.
- Preferably a Master’s degree with specialisation in finance, economics, or a related field.
- At least ten years of relevant work experience in the field of policy research, banking, credit rating, corporate finance, structured finance or consulting.
- Specialisation in the areas of climate, energy or sustainable finance will be especially welcome.
- Strong track record of project assistance and timely delivery of outputs.
- Experience in dealing with public and private institutions.
- Building relationships with collaborators and government stakeholders.
- Track record of successful programme and people leadership.
- Strong knowledge of finance, including from the perspective of the nature and type of capital flows that are needed to fuel the energy transition.
- Deep understanding of the energy transition space, including the wide range of stakeholders (policy, private & other) that it covers.
- Strong analytic skills including quantitative research skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Interest and ability to lead teams, to motivate and guide younger researchers, and to provide them with a ground for accelerated learning and high-performance.
CEEW operates in a dynamic environment and the candidate will be required to show flexibility in undertaking a variety of tasks.
Competitive compensation – commensurate to the experience and matching the best of standards adopted by industry or other similar organisations for similar roles.
CEEW is an equal opportunity employer and the selection process does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, caste, ethnicity, religion, or sexuality. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested applicants are advised to apply at the earliest possible.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified by us. We appreciate your interest.