Council on Energy, Environment and Water (CEEW), New Delhi
Research Analyst - Low-Carbon Economy
At CEEW, we are deliberate about what we stand for (and what we don’t stand for!) as an employer. So, if the below description strikes a chord, we would love to hear from you!
At CEEW, we build careers in public policy
- We offer strong visionary leadership – with emphasis on research and impact at scale
- We actively promote leadership by initiative
- We celebrate talent and ambition
- You will be surrounded by smart people who will challenge you and help you grow
- You will learn faster than your peers in other organisations
- Curiosity and irreverence, as well as responsibility, come together at CEEW
- You will get above-market remuneration
- We provide a safe space for all
- At CEEW, your life is your example for others
Team/ Focus area
CEEW seeks to hire a suitable candidate for the position of Research Analyst to expand its work in the area of low carbon economy, particularly in the evolving field of AFOLU (Agriculture, Forestry and Other Land Use) sector. Our programme of work on policy analysis is driven with the broader objective to support India’s energy and climate policy through evidence based unbiased research and cutting-edge analytical approaches. The candidate should have a strong interest in climate policy issues along with an inclination towards sustainable agriculture and land-use emissions approaches. Prior knowledge in Integrated Assessment Modelling will be an advantage.
Job Duties and Accountabilities
- To study existing literature and build analytical understanding of the Indian AFOLU sector emissions and their reduction potentiality
- To conduct an in-depth modelling exercise (using GCAM) focussing on a particular theme of the AFOLU sector using relevant tools and software
- To develop research projects to strengthen and expand the existing programme of research with particular focus on AFOLU sector
- To survey and analyse the research data using different data analysis software and tools
- To publish in high quality peer reviewed national and international journals
- To present research to key constituencies, advisory bodies, conferences & research institutes
- To develop research networks locally, nationally and internationally in support of research programmes
- To extrapolate and verify data provided by research analysts/programme officers, evaluate, organise and edit the data into comprehensive standard report forms
- To develop surveys and questionnaires and to collect, collate and analyse responses using different data analysis software and tools
- To keep a tab on the policy developments in India and across key countries of the world on AFOLU, energy, and climate policy
- To write research reports/papers
- To generate knowledge content – blogs, policy briefs in regular intervals
- To engage with relevant stakeholders, represent organisation and attend conferences and sessions, relevant to climate policy
- To travel to project sites, when required, to conduct interviews or collect data for different research projects
- Master’s degree with specialisation in agriculture, agricultural economics, forestry or related field
- Should have a strong inclination towards research, including an understanding of experimental and analytical research
- Familiarity with quantitative skills and a high degree of comfort with quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Basic understanding of the AFOLU sector is essential
- Strong analytic skills including programming knowledge of R/Python
- Strong networking and business development skills
- Ability to conduct techno-economic analysis, cost & benefit analysis, sound knowledge of basic economic principles
- Good written and oral communication skills; Good report writing skills
- Ability to use MS Office application suit including MS Excel
- Willingness to learn new (research and project management) skills
- Ability to adapt to new environment and deliver under tight deadlines in a professional environment
- Striving for rigour in research and quality in work output
- Ability to dig deeper into details, while also keeping a sense of the broader objectives and big picture
- Willingness to learn, grow and develop at personal and professional front, at a rapid pace with a steep learning curve
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary and multicultural environment
CEEW offers competitive compensation commensurate to the experience and matching the best of standards adopted by industry or other similar organizations for similar roles.
CEEW is an equal opportunity employer and the selection process does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, or caste. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
We will review applications on a rolling basis, so we advise interested applicants to apply at the earliest possible.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We appreciate your interest.