Council on Energy, Environment and Water (CEEW), New Delhi
Research Intern - Industrial Sustainability and Competitiveness (Natural Gas)
Terms of Reference
At CEEW, we are deliberate about what we stand for (and what we don’t stand for!) as an employer. So, if the below description strikes a chord, we would love to hear from you!
We are proud to build careers in public policy and social impact.
- We offer strong visionary leadership – with emphasis on research and impact at scale
- We actively promote leadership by initiative
- We celebrate talent and ambition
- You will be surrounded by smart ambitious people who will challenge you and help you grow
- You will learn faster than your peers in other organisations
- Curiosity and irreverence, as well as responsibility, come together at CEEW
- You will get above-market remuneration
- We provide a safe space for all
- At CEEW, your life is your example for others
Designation offered Research Intern – Natural Gas
Reporting to Senior Programme Lead
Location New Delhi
Duration 3-6 months, extendable upon review
CEEW seeks to hire a Research Intern for its Industrial Sustainability and Competitiveness programme. The chosen candidate will have to carry out extensive research that will generate data and/or analyse oil and natural gas systems in India. The candidate will be primarily responsible for collecting and analysing data and do preliminary analysis related to the flow of oil and gas from production/ import to end use, estimate greenhouse gas emissions at each stage of the supply chain, and develop price build-up for natural gas and petroleum products. In view of the COVID pandemic, the candidate will be required to work from home. Candidates with engineering background are encouraged to apply for this position.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- To understand the petroleum and natural gas market in India
- To carry out relevant literature review and summarize findings as reports or datasheets
- To update and manage the in-house databases on petroleum and natural gas
- To analyse data using tools like MS Excel, ArcGIS etc.
- To work with senior researchers on conceptualising new projects (as and when needed)
- To provide research content for organisation's web pages, blogs, policy briefs etc.
- To engage with relevant stakeholders from industries, policy experts, academicians
- To participate in relevant conferences, workshops, training programmes for comprehensive understanding of the petroleum and natural gas sector in India and globally.
Education and experience
- Enrolled in or completed Bachelor's/Master's degree in engineering.
- Basic understanding of petroleum and natural gas systems is essential
- Understanding of taxation, economic principles, data analytics are preferable.
- 0 – 1 year of relevant research experience.
- Must have strong research skills – capability to carry out literature review, web-scraping and synthesis is a key requisite, familiarity with research methods is a bonus
- Proficient use of Excel essential. Knowledge of Excel macros functions, ArchGIS, and Python preferable.
- Willingness to work on multi-disciplinary projects
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Experience in data collection essential
- Experience in dealing with stakeholders (industry, academic, government etc.) preferred
- Willingness to learn new research and project management skills.
- Ability to adapt and deliver under tight deadlines in a professional environment.
- Striving for rigour in research and quality in work output.
- Ability to effectively work in a team while being able to independently drive research with minimum assistance, when time demands.
- Ability and willingness to dig deeper into details, while also keeping a sense of the broader objectives and big picture.
- Willingness to learn, grow and develop at personal and professional front, at a rapid pace with a steep learning curve.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary and multicultural environment.
CEEW operates in a dynamic environment and the candidate will be required to show flexibility in undertaking a variety of tasks.
If you believe that sound data, tracking fuel price and new developments in the energy markets is the first step towards competitiveness in the industrial sector in India, then we are looking for you!
Competitive compensation – commensurate to the experience and matching the best of standards adopted by industry or other similar organizations for similar roles.
CEEW is an equal opportunity employer and the selection process does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, or caste. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested applicants are advised to apply at the earliest possible.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We appreciate your interest.