Council on Energy, Environment and Water (CEEW), New Delhi
Research Analyst - Low Carbon Economy
At CEEW, we are deliberate about what we stand for (and what we don’t stand for!) as an employer. So, if the below description strikes a chord, we would love to hear from you!
We are proud to build careers in public policy and social impact.
- We offer strong visionary leadership – with emphasis on research and impact at scale
- We actively promote leadership by initiative
- We celebrate talent and ambition
- You will be surrounded by smart ambitious people who will challenge you and help you grow
- You will learn faster than your peers in other organisations
- Curiosity and irreverence, as well as responsibility, come together at CEEW
- You will get above-market remuneration
- We provide a safe space for all
- At CEEW, your life is your example for others
Designation offeredResearch Analyst
CEEW seeks to hire a suitable candidate for the position of Programme Associate/ Research Analyst to expand its work on in the area of low carbon pathways, energy modelling, land use change emissions modelling, energy policy, and climate policy. Our programme of work on modelling and policy analysis is driven with the broader objective to support India’s energy and climate policy through evidence based unbiased research and cutting-edge analytical approaches. The candidate should have a strong interest in energy and climate policy issues along with inclination and aptitude towards modelling based analysis.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist in CEEW’s energy, land use and climate policy modelling research, mainly but not limited to the Global Change Assessment Model (GCAM)
- To undertake scenario analysis through GCAM and excel based analysis based on GCAM output
- To develop research projects to strengthen and expand the existing programme of research with particular focus on modelling energy demand and supply sectors
- To survey and analyse the research data using different data analysis software and tools
- To publish in high quality peer reviewed national and international journals
- To present research to key constituencies, advisory bodies, conferences & research institutes
- To develop research networks locally, nationally and internationally in support of research programmes
- To extrapolate and verify data provided by research analysts/programme officers, evaluate, organise and edit the data into comprehensive standard report forms
- To develop surveys and questionnaires and to collect, collate and analyse responses using different data analysis softwares and tools
- To keep a tab on the policy developments in India and across key countries of the world on energy and climate policy
- To keep abreast of developments in the oil and gas and transportation sectors
- To write research reports/papers
- To generate knowledge content – blogs, policy briefs in regular intervals
- To engage with relevant stakeholders, represent organisation and attend conferences and sessions, relevant to climate policy
- To travel to project sites, when required, to conduct interviews or collect data for different research projects
- Master's degree with specialisation in energy economics, public policy or related field
- Should have a strong research background, including an understanding of experimental and analytical research
- Familiarity with quantitative skills and modelling analyses and high degree of comfort with quantitative analysis
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience in the field of research, policy engagement and project management, preferably in the area of energy policy, fossil fuels, renewable energy, climate policy for Research Analyst position. Freshers are eligible to apply for the Research Analyst position
- Strong track record of project assistance and timely delivery of outputs
- Experience in dealing with public and private institutions
- Strong analytic skills including quantitative research skills
- Strong networking and business development skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to conduct techno-economic analysis, cost & benefit analysis, sound knowledge of basic economic principles
- Good written and oral communication skills; Good report writing skills
- Ability to use MS Office application suit including MS Excel
- Desirable: Relevant publications in peer reviewed journals/book chapters
- Willingness to learn new (research and project management) skills
- Ability to adapt to new environment and deliver under tight deadlines in a professional environment
- Striving for rigour in research and quality in work output
- Ability to effectively work in a team while being able to independently drive research with minimum assistance when time demands
- Ability to dig deeper into details, while also keeping a sense of the broader objectives and big picture
- Willingness to learn, grow and develop at personal and professional front, at a rapid pace with a steep learning curve
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary and multicultural environment
CEEW operates in a dynamic environment and the candidate will be required to show flexibility in undertaking a variety of tasks.
Competitive compensation – commensurate to the experience and matching the best of standards adopted by industry or other similar organizations for similar roles.
CEEW is an equal opportunity employer and the selection process does not discriminate on the basis of age, gender, ethnicity, religion, or caste. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
We will review applications on a rolling basis, so we advise interested applicants to apply at the earliest possible. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We appreciate your interest.